5 Ways to De-stress Your Life Naturally March 7, 2014 18:20
With National Stress Awareness Month coming up this April, we think it's important to acknowledge how impairing stress can be and how to deal with it. Evofit is committed to wellbeing and treating yourself, and admires bloggers with the same values. Amber Poole, creater of "Fit Foodie Runs", has a passion for running and nutrtion, and gives great tips about how to de-stress your life. For us, regular exercise and self-massage is a given, but just reading about Amber's additional tips has us feeling mroe relaxed!
Let’s face it. We all deal with some level of stress in our lives. A certain amount of stress is actually healthy as it helps us stay focused and alert. But when we physically and/or mentally encounter too much, it can not only feel overwhelming but damper our moods, minds, relationships and body.
And although you may not have control over the circumstances causing the stress, you do have control on how you react and respond to it. Here are 5 ways to de-stress naturally.
1. Meditate: You don’t need to be religious to mediate. You just need to be quiet or at least try to be! When meditation is practiced, it can help slower your heart rate and breathing, thus feeling relaxed and less stressed.
2. Lavender Spray: Lavender is said to help ailments from anxiety, depression, fatigue and even insomnia. It has been used in soaps and sprays for years, perhaps because its purpose is to leave a calming and soothing effect!
See how to make your own lavender spray here.
3. Bath time. Look mom, bath time isn’t just for kids anymore! There’s really something to it. Remember when your doctor said to give your child a bath prior to bedtime to help relax? Well, same applies to you!
Make bath time exciting! Jazz up a warm bath with Epson salts, candles, fluffy towels, light music, flowers, lavender lotion and/or a book.
You can even finish your relaxing bath with a homemade food scrub.
My favoraite: Pumpkin Foot Scrub. See the recipe and instructions here.
4. Exercise. It doesn’t have to be a big production. If you are just starting to get in the groove, try spending a few minutes each day until you make it a daily habit. The point of exercise is to help release toxins from your body. Please let them out! I had a friend who was a stay-at-home mom and in her stressed out moments would go jump rope! Even just five minutes helped a lot. If you don’t like to exercise in your home, you could try joining a yoga or kickboxing class. If you prefer swimming, sign up for an adult class at your local community college. I signed up for a running class! Be sure to do what you love so you stay committed and focused!
5. Calming Teas: Drinking warm tea can also feel soothing and calming to the body. You can try lavender, chamomile or ginger tea. If you don’t have any on a box, you can easily make a glass of your own.
I prefer to drink Ginger-Lemon Tea. See how to make your own here.
Remember to always take time for yourself and to unwind after each day. By taking these simple steps, you can help de-stress your life.
About Amber: Amber is currently attending the John Spencer Institute in receiving her certificate in Holistic Life Coaching. She is a stay-at-home mom to two children, hosts snack classes in her spare time and blogs at Fit Foodie Runs.
Make sure to follow Amber!
Facebook: Fit, Foodie Runs
Our Evofit fans are in for a HUGE treat! Amber is giving away an ensō roller to one lucky winner on her product review! Check out to see what she has to say about our ensō roller, enter in the Giveaway, and you may have a chance to win! Happy Rolling.